Would you like to straighten your crooked teeth or improve your bite problem discreetly? Invisalign treatment, offered by your dentists at Personal Choice Dental in Old Bridge, NJ, can help you correct your orthodontic issues.
Invisalign subtly realigns your smile
Invisalign uses clear, removable aligner trays to gradually improve the alignment of your teeth. Your Old Bridge dentist creates a digital 3D model of your mouth which is used to design a series of aligner trays. Trays fit over your upper and lower teeth and exert constant, gentle pressure that slowly re-positions teeth.
If you're not sure which orthodontic treatment option is right for you, you'll want to take a look at a few unique Invisalign benefits:
- No Drastic Change to Your Appearance: Thanks to their clear design, your aligner trays practically disappear when you wear them.
- An Adjustment-Free Method: Unlike traditional braces, adjustments aren't needed with Invisalign. Each set in the series of trays you receive performs a specific straightening goal. Although you won't need adjustments, you will need to visit your dentist for follow-up visits to assess your progress.
- Easy Oral Hygiene: Your regular oral hygiene routine won't change with Invisalign. You'll remove your trays, then brush and floss as usual.
- No Food Restrictions: Are you concerned that you'll have to stop eating your favorite foods if you straighten your teeth? That's fortunately not the case with Invisalign. In fact, you can eat anything you want during your treatment due to how you can just take out the trays before you eat and drink. At the end of the meal, you'll simply rinse the trays and reinsert them.
- Convenience: Your trays can even be removed for a few hours if you have a sports practice or game or will be attending a special event. However, trays still need to be worn for about 22 hours per day.
- Shorter Treatment Periods for Adults: If you're an adult, you may only need to wear your aligner trays for months rather than years.
Are you ready to transform your smile with Invisalign? Call the dentists at Personal Choices in Old Bridge, NJ, at (732) 727-1211 to schedule your appointment.
Good dental habits begin at home. It’s important to teach your children how to take care of their teeth and gums so that they can avoid tooth decay and tooth loss. Dr. Anthony J. Vitale and his team at Personal Choice Dental, located in Old Bridge, NJ, are family dentists who can help you teach your children proper dental habits.
Healthy Oral Habits Start at Home
Follow these tips to help you teach your children a healthy oral hygiene routine:
- Brush Teeth Regularly: Encourage your children to brush their teeth twice each day by brushing with them. Show them how to brush properly holding their toothbrush at a slight angle to their teeth and gums. Make sure they brush the inside, outside, and chewing surfaces of their teeth.
- Flossing: Help children floss between their teeth to remove food particles and prevent plaque build-up. Your children should be able to floss by themselves by the age of 8 years. Teach your children how to hold the floss correctly. If it is difficult for them, you may find it easier to teach them how to use a water flosser.
- Use Mouthwash: Children over the age of six should use mouthwash under your supervision. Mouthwash improves the effects of brushing and flossing and it can also benefit children who haven’t quite mastered brushing properly yet.
- Make Visits to the Family Dentist: You should take your children to the dentist within six months of their first tooth appearing. After that, you should make regular visits to our Old Bridge office every six months.
As well as setting a good example for your children, you can also encourage proper dental habits by letting your children choose their own toothbrush, reading books/watching videos about oral care, and rewarding them for good habits.
If you live in or around Old Bridge and you’re looking for a family dentist, call Dr. Vitale at (732) 727-1211.
Gum disease, also known as periodontitis, is a serious infection that damages the soft tissue around your teeth. If you don't receive treatment, it can lead to loose teeth. It can also destroy the bone that surrounds your teeth. Don't ignore the signs of gum disease. Visit Personal Choice Dental in Old Bridge where Dr. Anthony Vitale, Dr. Jeffrey Band, and Dr. Elliot Nash can help you prevent and treat gum disease as well as other dental issues. Here are some gum disease symptoms that you should never ignore:
- Your gums bleed when you brush your teeth or after you brush your teeth
- Your teeth are receding. In other words, your teeth appear longer than they used to be.
- You have constant bad breath or a nasty taste in your mouth
- Your teeth are loose or they're shifting in your mouth
- Your upper and lower teeth don't fit together the way they used to
- Your partial dentures don't fit anymore
- Your teeth are sensitive to hot and cold beverages
Gum Disease Treatment
Once you are diagnosed with gum disease, your dentist will establish a treatment plan. The goal is to help your gums return to health so they can reattach to the teeth. Treatment varies according to each patient's unique situation. Our dentists will decide if you require nonsurgical or surgical treatment.
Nonsurgical treatment involves dental cleaning to remove the plaque and tartar that's attached to your teeth. The dentist may also treat you with scaling and root planing. During this nonsurgical procedure, the dentist uses tools to scrape away plaque and tartar away from your teeth and gums. The dentist will also use tools to smooth the rough spots on your teeth. Those rough spots provide a sanctuary for bacteria. Once they are smoothed away, your gums can reattach themselves to clean teeth.
Surgical treatments from our Old Bridge office include soft tissue grafts, bone grafts, bone surgery, and guided tissue regeneration. When the tissue surrounding the teeth is unhealthy, surgical treatments may be necessary.
Prevent or Treat Gum Disease
Gum disease is a serious dental issue that should be treated right away. If you think that you may have gum disease and you live in Old Bridge, visit us at Personal Choice Dental. Our dentists can develop a treatment plan to help you prevent gum disease. If you are already showing the signs of gum disease, they can also provide the treatment you need to get your teeth back to health. Call us today at (732) 727-1211.
How crowns can help you smile
If you have a cracked, chipped, worn-down or cavity-stricken tooth, a dental crown may help you smile again. Dental crowns literally put a cap on your tooth’s problem areas. In fact, they can be designed to look like your original tooth and even to blend in naturally with surrounding teeth. At Personal Choice Dental in Old Bridge, N.J., a family dentist can help you decide whether a dental crown is the best restoration choice for you.
Family Dentists Choose the Perfect Crown for You
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that replace decaying or weak teeth above the gum line. They can restore the most worn down and decayed tooth to its original shape, size, appearance and, even, strength. The family dentists at Personal Choice Dental’s Old Bridge office want to create a crown that both looks and feels good in your mouth. They have the knowledge to choose the material that works best for each patient’s situation.
Your Tooth Will Look and Feel Good Again
Crowns can be made from a variety of materials, including metal alloys, porcelain, ceramics, composite resin or combinations of these materials. When a patient has front teeth in need of being capped, Personal Choice Dental’s family dentists can choose the material that will blend best with the shade and shape of existing teeth so that nobody will even notice the cap. Moreover, patients with new crowns don’t have to worry about replacing them anytime soon because they tend to last longer than other cosmetic dental restorations.
Crowns Cover a Variety of Problems
Dental crowns can address a variety of issues that may be causing your teeth and your smile to be less vibrant. Sometimes they are used to strengthen and cover a tooth consumed by fillings, especially when there isn’t enough of the natural tooth left to hold the filling. They also provide a solution for a discolored or misshapen tooth, covering up trouble spots with a shiny new replacement. In addition, crowns are used to attach bridges, prevent weak teeth from cracking, rebuild already-broken teeth and conceal dental implants.
For more information about the benefits of dental crowns or any of your other family dentistry needs in Old Bridge, contact Personal Choice Dental at 732-727-1211, and you will be smiling again in no time.
Decay manifests for many reasons, including lack of dental treatment, poor oral care habits, or an injury that was ignored. When it does, our professionals at Personal Choice Dental recommend a crown to restore one or multiple teeth to a healthy state or a bridge if empty spaces are present. If you are feeling self-conscious about your smile, our Old Bridge office provide quality and convenient care that you can trust. Schedule a consultation and read on to learn how these powerful restorations can improve your smile.
How Crowns and Bridges Work Together
These types of restorations collaborate to protect natural teeth from further damage while filling empty spaces from ones that are missing. A crown resembles a permanent tooth and entirely covers the surface to rebuild strength and improve overall function. A bridge bonds existing teeth or implants to close the gaps. As with crowns, you'll have different choices when it comes to selecting materials for your bridges. Both are an excellent choice for virtually visible results.
Benefits of Crowns and Bridges
These popular restorations offer many advantages, such as:
- Reinforcing your ability to chew.
- Eliminating slurred speech.
- Preserving the facial structures.
- Preventing remaining teeth from shifting.
Caring for Your Dental Restorations
When you visit Personal Choice Dental to restore the shape, size, durability, and aesthetic, you'll receive home care instructions to practice immediately. In between routine checkups at our Old Bridge office, you should care for your restorations as you would your natural teeth. You may also be informed to avoid hot foods and beverages because they can stick to the crowns and cause cavities. Steps for adequate oral hygiene include maintaining a healthy diet, brushing your teeth at least twice a day, and flossing carefully after every meal.
If you have a weak bite, enamel damage, or are embarrassed by gaps and spaces between the teeth, consult with one our of dentists at Personal Choice Dental. They’ll help you decide if these restorations are a suitable solution for you. For more information about crowns and bridges, as well as services provided, visit our website at https://www.personalchoicedental.com/. To schedule an appointment in our Old Bridge, NJ, office, please call (732) 727-1211.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.