Posts for tag: invisalign
Metal braces can be visually unappealing. Older teenagers and adults don't want to deal with them because of their appearance, but the doctors at Personal Choice can help patients in Old Bridge and Parlin, NJ, know this very well, which is why they recommend Invisalign.
More On Invisalign
Your Old Bridge and Parlin dentist creates custom aligners using a specialized computer software. The clear aligners comfortably snuggle over your teeth and function just like traditional braces work, applying pressure on teeth to move them into their proper position.
People don't need to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional metal braces. The clear plastic aligners are made of polyurethane plastic, which means they're flexible and great for straightening teeth discreetly.
The clear braces need to be worn for about 20 to 22 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss. Make sure you remove the clear aligners and rinse them with lukewarm water. Some people like to take their clear aligners off for special events, but that's unnecessary since they're transparent.
Benefits of Invisalign:
There are several advantages to using Invisalign such as:
- Dental/Oral Regimen: Because Invisalign is a removable appliance, you will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you have traditional metal braces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once.
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligners are thin and flexible, so they don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, unlike wires of metal braces.
- Transparent Braces: Invisalign is clear, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- Protects Teeth From Bruxism: If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign can be used as a nightguard to protect your teeth.
- Eat What You Want: Traditional braces prevent you from eating your favorite foods, like taffy apples or corn, but that's not an issue with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because the aligners you wear are removable.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Old Bridge and Parlin, NJ, dentist, then call today.
If you have considered straightening your smile with orthodontic care, you have probably come across traditional metal braces in your research. However, Invisalign, the clear answer to traditional braces, is also available for a more discreet orthodontic treatment. Comparing these two options may bring up questions as to whether Invisalign works as well as tried-and-true traditional braces. Find out with Dr. Anthony Vitale and Dr. Jin Yoo at Personal Choice Dental in Old Bridge, NJ.
Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
- Appearance: The most noticeable difference between traditional braces and Invisalign is Invisalign’s lack of metal components. Traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to move the teeth while Invisalign uses clear, plastic aligner trays. These trays are mostly unnoticeable at first glance and are completely removable, making everyday tasks like eating or brushing less difficult.
- Caring For Your Braces: Traditional braces require several extra steps in your oral care routine. Special threading flossers help floss underneath the brackets and wires and a water pick can help remove any debris or food particles lodged in or between the teeth. Invisalign simply requires that patients remove their trays, brush and floss normally, then rinse and reinsert the tray afterward.
- Easy to Wear: Traditional braces’ wires are notorious for being sharp and potentially damaging the inside of the mouth. Invisalign’s trays are made from comfortable, flexible yet sturdy plastic which are custom-designed to fit precisely inside the patient’s mouth based on an impression of their mouth.
Does Invisalign work as well as traditional braces?
In short, the answer is yes. Invisalign effectively and safely corrects the same problems as traditional braces. In some complex cases, traditional braces may provide faster or better results than Invisalign though Invisalign can treat most orthodontic issues. All in all, for most patients, Invisalign and traditional braces will provide similar, adequate results.
Patients in Old Bridge should wear Invisalign at least 22 hours a day. Wearing the trays the proper amount of time is directly related to your final result. This means that failing to follow your treatment plan to the letter may result in lengthened treatment times or unsatisfactory results.
For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dr. Vitale and Dr. Yoo at Personal Choice Dental in Old Bridge, NJ. Call (732) 727-1211 to schedule your consultation for Invisalign today!
Choices, we are faced with them everyday. Regular or unleaded, diet or regular, decaffeinated or caffeine. When it comes to gas, coffee, or soda it's easy to make a decision. In the morning you may need the caffeine, you're watching your weight so you choose diet, and your car requires a specific type of gas. When it comes to orthodontics, the decision may not be so easy to make. There are myriad choices and as a patient, the information may be difficult to navigate. Let me help you to make your decision easier by giving you information about the benefits of Invisalign over traditional bracketed braces.
Invisalign is a custom prepared series of aligner trays that are comfortable, easy to wear, and virtually undetectable to those around you. The aligners gradually, and carefully move your teeth into an ideal position for your mouth. Because they are removable, caring for your teeth and gums is easy, virtually omitting the risk of gum disease and inflammation typically associated with traditional braces. There are no wires, elastics, or rubber bands to impede your ability to keep your teeth clean and healthy. There is just a smooth, clear, removable mouth piece. You change your aligners every 2 weeks until your perfect smile is achieved!
Like traditional braces, Invisalign can treat a wide variety of cases including; crowding, spacing, overbite, and under bite. Unlike traditional metal bracketed braces there are no limits to what you can eat. You can brush and floss your teeth as often as necessary to maintain optimal oral health and no one will know you are wearing braces! The best way to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign is to schedule a FREE consultation with Dr. Vitale today!